Saturday, December 1, 2007

World Aids Day 2007

Lest we forget...

The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) estimates that there are now 40 million people living with HIV or AIDS worldwide. In the U.S., close to one million people have HIV infection or AIDS, and 40,000 Americans become newly infected with HIV each year. Since the beginning of the epidemic, AIDS has killed more than 30 million people worldwide. Every 15 seconds, a young person between the ages of 15-24 becomes infected with HIV, and fifty percent of all new infections occur among this age grouop. AIDS has replaced malaria and tuberculosis as the world's deadliest infectious disease among adults and is the fourth leading cause of death worldwide.

In summary...

Let us all remember to TAKE CARE AND PLAY SAFE.

And lastly, if you're looking to show some love...

http://www.stephenlewisfoundation.org/grandmothers.htm
(The organization I was involved with last year...)

or

www.youthaids.aldo.org

I be rockin my dog tags today.

One love,
C

2 comments:

Rach said...

I don't know what "rockin your dog tags means" but props for supporting world aids day. shockingly i did not know that that was going down today. I live in a bubble. tear. oh team i love that you advised us to play safe. i shall.

Lucky_Clover said...

I have dog tag necklace from Aldo's I purchased... 100% of proceeds go to supporting youth AIDS programs in over 60 countries around the world :) YAY!

As for playing safe - tis true, I couldn't resist! You know I'm a safe sex junkie. Want to know the difference between good sex and great sex? Great sex is safe sex! lol... :P

P.S I loveeeee youuuu!