Sunday, December 23, 2007

Me again.

The past four months have had their share of obstacles. And while I will in no way contend that I am hard done by, or that I know peril, I will say - I have found the past semester to be one of the hardest, and most stressful to date.

At times, I can live a very isolating life. When you work a bazillion jobs, and want to pull of top marks so you can get into graduate school, you spend the vast majority of your time staring at a computer screen, reading a text book, or running around frantically trying to meet your deadlines. There is a price - your social life, and thusly, your mental health. My friends are my buffer - they truly are. I am me, because of the amazing people I have in my life. Alot of my friends left this year, I had some interesting curve balls thrown at me, and I spent almost all of my free time doing some work related project. It took it's toll. And it's been a struggle. I've spent a lot of the past four months, feeling completely and utterly lost... searching for something to cling to. (Insert world's tiniest violin here)

Having said that, this blog entry is not for me to re-live the past four months, or to complain about the challenges I've had to face. We've all hard our share of challenges. I started writing this blog entry, because in the past few days - I have found myself again...

I spent Friday night, with my best friend of forever. We talked and talked, and I felt like we hadn't missed a beat. Following our long chat, I met up with another of my nearest and dearest, and a hot tub full of others. We chatted, ate, they smoked, and we were marry.

Last night, a delicious potluck was followed by an unforgettable night on the town. When we closed the bar at 3:00am, I had danced until I couldn't possibly have danced anymore. It was absolutely fabulous - and another of my best friends drove me home.

Tonight, I played the Grey's Anatomy board game, and couch sat with yet another love of my life.

Tomorrow, I will be hitting up my BBF's place for Christmas eve festivities, and a trip to church (our annual tradition).

Anyways - the moral, of all this - is that for the first time in a while, I sincerely feel like myself again. I feel like I'm back, and in full force. My strength, my energy, my zest for life - come from the people I love. I have so many wonderful friends, and I am truly grateful. They keep me going, each and everyday.

Today - I feel happy, I feel good, and I feel like me.

My friends are the best Christmas present, I could ever have asked for.

Thank you Santa.

No comments: