I wrote my last psychology paper on Monday, December 3. I wrote my last psychology exam on Friday, December 7. Since then, I have been preoccupied with grad school applications (or attempts at such applications), Christmas shopping, and other nominal things.
Today, when I went into work... and I started flipping through research journals... I felt this insane need to be researching and writing psychology. I had to put aside my sorting, and take an hour or so to read, research, and write about the project at hand. I couldn't believe it... everything in me yearned for some psychology writing.
It's been a week. I have one more exam (non-psych related), and I told myself the holidays would be a time to break from school work, psych stuff, etc. That said... today I came to the shocking (and frightening) realization that I crave psychology. I love it... need it... can't put it down... can't NOT do psychology.
Psychology, has found its way into my heart. It's an inextricable part of my person. Perhaps this realization is exactly what I needed to motivate me into writing grad school applications.
I am in love with, enamored by, and incapable of giving up my discipline.
Hook, line and Sinker....
I was born to be a psychologist.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment