Thursday, January 3, 2008

Succulent. Voluptuous. Hearty. And Proud.

As some of you have become painfully aware, I have given up junk food. Nope, I’m Candida free… however, consistent with my New Year’s resolution, I have decided I want to do more of what makes me happy… and that means taking just a bit more time to take care of myself.

And for those of you that have had the dubious distinction of witnessing my dessert withdrawal, I know you’re reading this and thinking “Happy?!… I saw you wigging out tonight because you couldn’t eat those cookies your mom bought…”

However… I am going to contend that it does make me happy. Every time I beat another cookie craving, I feel increasingly happy. It’s been a long time since I took time for me. It’s been a long time since I felt I had the will power to stick to healthy foods, and hit the gym. Taking time to take care of myself – makes me happy. Not feeling the need to eat cookie, after cookie, after cookie… makes me happy.

That said, there is something I need to make known…

I am not on a “diet.”


I am, however, making healthier food choices; and yes, that does mean giving up the weekly trips to Dairy Queen. However, I’m not starving myself – I’m eating plenty of fruits and veggies (I can assure you that… I’m going to orange from all the carrots I’ve been eating!) I have no unrealistic exercise expectations either – but I am fitting a trip to the gym into my weekly schedule, and a trip to the pool.

And I think most importantly – I want to make it known… I’m not doing this to “get skinny…” I’m doing this so I can stay strong, and healthy.

Make no mistake my friends, I love my body… each and every inch of it. I am a succulent, voluptuous, hearty and delicious woman - and I am damn proud of it! I will never be teeny, and I have no desire to be. I will never give up the joys of eating, so I can fit into smaller jeans. I will however, eat healthier foods, and make time for exercise.

So in summary, my good friends… I'm not eating better to change myself... I like me jut the way I am. And who am I? I am a full-figured, hot mama, who knows how to shake what her mama gave her. And that is something I will never give up, not now… and not ever. That's right.. I’m loud, I’m proud… hear my roar.

Carrot anyone?

No comments: