I think who ever said "Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs, before you find your prince," was an insightful individual. I will not pretend that my romantic history can be characterized as a series of wise choices; in fact, I am notorious for making poor choices, when it comes to entrusting my heart with others. Having said that, I always surive. I perserve, and at the end... I'm wiser (hopefully) and undoubtedly stronger.
There are moments when I get discouraged. Or more importantly - frustrated - frustrated with myself, the object of my affections, or the failing of our relations.
However, the thing that gets me through, is knowing that it is precisely these failed relationships, that teach me what I want out of a relationship, and what I deserve out of a relationship. At the end of the tunnel, there is light (so to speak).
I'm 21 (almost 22) years old. I have a series of failed relationship attempts under my belt. I've had my heart broken a few times... and I've done a lil heart breaking of my own. I've made some okay choices... and I've made some terrible ones too.
But I am not detered. In fact, I am confident. I am confident, that I will find someone, someone who is worthy of all that I am. One day, I will find someone who loves me as I am. Someone who I can love - without reservation.
And most importantly - my prince will move me closer to the person I aspire to be, but not in the way failed others have. My prince, will encourage my growth, strength and self-actualization... when we're together, rather than apart.
Let the record show. I will not settle. I will be alone as long as it takes, to find someone who promotes, rather than hinders, me from becoming the person I want to be.
Who do I want to be you ask? That's simple...
me.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment