Today I mailed off my last two final grad school applications.
Thank goodness. Insert deep sigh here!
It's been quite the semester... I didn't realize how much of an undertaking applying to graduate school would actually be. Between fighting with ETS operators on the phone, waiting countless hours in line at the registrar's office for transcripts, emailing referees, tracking down referees, and sometimes tracking them down again because they forgot to sign the letter seal, sorting through applications, reading application instruction booklets (sometimes 24 pages long), spending any money I had left (today's courier package cost me $36.76), experiencing the worst writer's block ever in trying to write letters of intent, and spending far, far, far too much time at the bloody post office, I've had enough.
What a hideous process. Jesus.
But I am done. Done! Done! Done! HA-ZA!
I've applied to 8 graduate programs (whether my applications and supporting material all made it there in time is another story), but in theory, I have applied to 8 graduate programs.
And now... it's time for the waiting game. I wait and see if any of the profs I applied to, are interested in taking me on as a student. Will I get in? I don't know. Where do I want to go? Well, I don't know that either. Is this the right time? I have my doubts. But I do know, that everything will work out. I don't believe everything happens for a reason, but I believe we have the power to make reason out of everything. So no matter what the next few months may bring, I'm going to try to stay optimistic.
Let's see what the future has in store for me.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats team!!! thats awesome. and...pls call me! we need a chat...hope ur ass is feeling better.
Post a Comment