Friday, November 23, 2007

The "Jamies" Movement

Today, we had our first real snow fall. At around 4 pm, I looked out our front window, and was overjoyed to see lush fluffy white flakes falling softly. We've had some slushly rain, some ice, but no authentic flakes such as these. The moment I saw the snowflakes slowly falling, I knew tonight would be THE night...

The first wearing of flannel pajamas this season.

I purchased new bright blue flannels on the weekend that are absolutely adorable, and I've been dying to bust out the newest edition to my jammie collection. Tis the perfect chilly night, to crawl into the comforts that is flannel. *insert mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm good here*

I feel, with nothing but deep sincerity, that flannels may be one of life's greatest, and seriously understated, gifts. I kid you not. If I had to spend 20 days on Survivor Island, my one "allowed" personal item would be my jamies... screw soap, or toothpaste.

If I could spend all day, everday, in my pjs... I would. I'd wear them to school, to the mall, on dates, and to lunch. Hell, I'd wear them to work if I could. Think how much more glorious this world would be, if we spent every moment of our lives in pajamas.

Angry, hostile, and grumpy people would be far less angry, hostile, and grumpy if they were wearing pjs. Come on, it's hard to be cranky, when you're enveloped in goodness. People would be happier, more comfortable, and warm (feelings that lead to the promotion of goodness all around). Furthermore, who does not look good in flannels? Think how many people would feel better about themselves!? The perpectual wearing of pjs could produce global increases in self-esteem! Let's be serious for a minute here... you want to see positive change in this world, let's start by spending just a little bit more time in our jammies.

Okay, still not convinced? I am not done fighting for the vindication, of the rights of Jamies. I consider myself a lobbyist, advocate, and leader in this movement, given my excessive pajama collection, and usage. I will not stop, until you have come to appreciate all that Jamies have to offer.

Let's not forget physical intimacy. PJs = you get to crawl into a soft, cushy coating of goodness, that surrounds you from head to toe. I am routinely seduced by my pjs. Let's be honest, couldn't we all benefit from a lil sweet lovin?

**Sidenote: sometimes I wish they made baby Pjs in adult sizes, so that I could have pajama booties attached to my pjs. How cute would that be!

Ahem, getting back to topic at hand...
There is nothing more comfortable than pjs. I dare you, try to find a pair of jeans, a sweater, or a tank... that feel better than pjs. It's not going to happen. And let's be honest, research consistently shows that the better we feel, the happier we are!

Did I mention pjs are saucy? I'm sorry, but my newest pair of blue penguine pjs? Too cute... I'm pretty sure no woman/man can resist the allure of flannel! *insert gig-iddy, gig-iddy here*

Furthermore, Jammies smell good. I always crawl into my jammies following a hot bath, so my pjs smell of mango/pear bubble bath, and melon/peach shower gel. Deliciously sweet, hmm mmm! Irrestible, I think so...

Pjs can also evoke a sense of welcomed nostalgia. (ie. I throw on red flannels, and I'm overwhelmed with the urge to get up at 5am, and go searching under the christmas tree for presents). Who does not enjoy feeling like "Yay, tis christmas Tiny Tim!"

Lastly, I must contend that pjs are a best friend, and partner (dare I say soul mate!?) No matter what, no matter when, your pjs are ALWAYS there for you. They see you at your best, your worst... heck, they've seen ya naked. No matter what, they provide unconditional support and comfort. When all hope is lost - the world cold and gray - you can most certainly count on your pajamas to make you feel warm and cozy. Let's face it, pjs are truly any man/woman's best friend.

So in conclusion.... I love pjs, and my pjs love me.

Say it wit me now!

Can I get a "Damn... I look saucy in flannel" from all you sauce pots out there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

chlo, you look saucy no matter what you wear, but flannel happens to be one of the many items of clothing that is particularly flattering;)
i am wearing mine right now!

love.

Anonymous said...

I too am wearing my favourite winter flannel pants right now... dark blue with little stars and snowflakes on them.
Flannel pj's are just one of the many reasons i LOVE winter!
- HRose

Rach said...

Chlosta,

I would vouch for flannel, though I don't own any myslef. It seems like something I vouch for.

Heather said...

Huzzah! Here's a shout-out to flannel in all its non-jammie guises too! Sometimes people sleep naked, but fiend lumberjacks.

~lumberjackie