For the past few weeks, I have felt very much unlike myself. I'd go so far as to say, that for a good while now, "me" has seemed like a murky illusion, one lost somewhere long ago. I've been walking, steadfast, in the fog. More or less stepping slowly, and surely, one foot after the other. At times I think it okay. For one most lose sight of land before finding an island. But other times I'm not not so sure. Surely navigating should not feel so horrifying.
One of my good friends came home this weekend. Aside from being an incredible person, who I admire and respect immensely, she is also an unbelievably insightful woman.
At a time when I am floundering, and flustered, she grounded me. She brought me back out. And for me, seeing me, and feeling like me for the first time in such a long time, was an experience like no other. There I am. There I am.
I had an incredible afternoon. One unlike any other in a very long time. We walked through a forest. A very beautiful forest. And we hugged trees.
With her, in that moment, the fog lifted, and I could see clearly. I remembered the way. I saw the path.
I must not forget this feeling. I won't forget today. For today, I was reminded that I am not lost. I am still here, and I WILL find my way through the fog.
Thank you.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment